Born August 2, 1963 in Houston, TX.
After leaving Howard University (Theater Arts major), he became an original member of the City Kids Repertory, a theater company that performed in schools in effort to bring relevant productions to high-risk kids.
Real Life Quotes
• "You don't have the time to "make the time" to do anything. You have to do it now!"
• "Even if I'm playing a bad guy, I work hard to make him multi-leveled and interesting."
• "I'm no longer going to play thugs or debauched cops that I can't possibly make complex characters. I'm bigger than that. I owe too much to too many good people at the Goodman, Arena and Playwrights Horizons."
• Graduated from Willowridge High School (1981, Houston, Texas)
• Took a DNA test to determine his heritage. The results concluded that his father's side is Angolan and his mother's side is from Sierra Leone.
• At one time in his life he wanted to be a professional football player.
• His mother was the first African American woman to be licensed as a barber in the state of Texas.
• Was in the Air Force prior to acting. His dream was to be the second "General Washington"
Hollwood Homicide, Welcome to Collinwood, Ghostship, Exit Wounds, Romeo Must Die, Dancing in September, True Crime, Out of Sight, Bulworth, Love Jones, Get on the Bus and Clockers among many others.
ER, NYPD Blue, Living Single, Law and Order, amongst many others.
He most recently starred on the highly acclaimed ABC Drama "Grey's Anatomy" as Dr. Preston Burke.